The Standard ISO 22000:2005 is the first international standard for food safety.
The application scope covers all companies in the food chain from feed production companies and primary production up to businesses indirectly involved in the food chain, such as equipment suppliers, packaging, pesticides, veterinary medicines, cleaners, disinfectants, which can introduce risks to food chain with the supplied materials.
Qualiment undertakes the planning, implementation and monitoring of a Management Food Safety System ISO 22000:2005 for the management and production of safe products.
Basic issues of ISO 22000:2005
The new international standard for the safety of food ISO 22000:2005, based on:
- internationally recognized HACCP Codex Alimentarius principles
- the systemic approach in line with ISO 9001:2008
- the communication between companies according to food safety in the food chain
- risk management by establishing prerequisites and HACCP planning
- the establishing traceability systems in food businesses, in order to be tracked food throughout the food chain.
Some more characteristics of ISO 22000:2005 are:
- It can be in line with other standards for management systems such as ISO 9001:2000.
- It shows compatibility with the Codex Alimentarius and the basic principles of HACCP. It effectively combines principles of HACCP and suggests a different risk management for the production and distribution of food as safe as possible.